The EEA / EU family permit can be applied for people who are currently outside the UK and are a family member of an EEA or Swiss National.
The Permit holder is able to enter, live and work in the UK. The Family Permit is valid for 6 months and an application for Residence Card must be made prior to the expiry of the Family Permit.

The EEA / EU Family member in the UK should either be a Qualified Person or a permanent resident.

“Due to Brexit, There will be no change to the rights and status of EU citizens currently living in the UK until 30 June 2021, or 31 December 2020 if the UK leaves the EU without a deal. You and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK.”